Chief among the reasons why NBTT exists is its translation activities. We translate the Bible into the heart language of minority communities in Nigeria who are at the verge of going into extinction if no intervention is made. Our translation activity is not limited to Bible Translation alone as the process sees to a complete literacy development for the language in view, including producing literacy materials for the preservation of such languages.
We do so in the following ways:
- Survey/Study the local languages
- Analyze the sounds and grammar
- Produce a good alphabet (Orthography)
- Produce a comprehensive word dictionary
- Translate the Bible into the heart language